Friday, August 20, 2010

"ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF....." PSA :o)

I am so ready for this surgery to take place, I dont' know what to do! I'm pretty sure there was a point in my life when I wanted to be a doctor (that would've been lucrative, you don't hear about doctors getting furloughed) because I am fascinated by all this.  I wish there was some way I could be awake when it all goes down...I'm not the only one out there who is super curious about what their insides look like...right??????
The day we met with the surgeon, I was a little nervous about the surgery b/c it sounded pretty serious....lots of talk about a lot of blood, huge incisions, and a funny shaped liver in the end....sounds pretty intense right?!?!?!? Now, I know I said I was fascinated by all this, but maybe it would be a little more fascinating if it wasn't MY LIVER we were talking about slicing up!!! Seriously though, I can't wait to have these things out of my body, so Dr. Surgeon can slice and dice all he wants :o)
The crazy part about all this is, I feel like a million bucks....I mean, I've seriously never felt better.  That is honestly what makes this hard every once in a while.  How in the world could I have this "upgraded" cancer status and I feel like I could win the Peachtree Road Race?!?!?!? Because GOD is good, that's why...duh!! I also have to give some credit to my new little way of life.  I have figured out that a healthy balance between nutrition, exercise, ATTITUDE, and spirituality is the key to living a fantabulous life!  (Stay tuned for my PSA....)  We have got to stop putting so much crap in our mind and bodies.  If you knew....and I mean REALLY knew what you were you putting in your body (probably as you're reading this!) you would probably vomit all over your computer!  It's ridiculous! It's almost as if those food making people WANT you to be sick and unhealthy (wink, wink).  I am in no way telling you to throw your burger and fries away and become a vegan (unless you want too!), I'm just saying think about what you're doing (or not doing) to your body and more importantly....how it may effect you in the long run.  Just try it....you don't have to immediately go on a diet or become a yoga master, try one thing at time.  Try not to drink sodas for a week, walk your dog instead of letting him/her out in the yard, read a book, get veggies as a side instead of loaded mashed potatoes, smile more often, take a vitamin, stop being so negative, buy a cute workout outfit, turn the TV off, drink tea, get more sleep, play, let a car out in front of you (this one was difficult for me!).  I promise you'll notice a difference in your life, and maybe get in shape while you're at it :o)  

~It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect.~
Psalm18:32

~TRUST HIM~

4 comments:

  1. I think this might be one of my favorite's of all of your blogs!!! If you haven't read Skinny Bitch yet you need too...disgusting and hilarious!!!

    Oh and nice picture ;)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Seriously! This is why I wanted you to blog...you are touching so many people!!!
    I love you girl, you are my shero.
    Aunt Jean, better known as
    Aunjee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this experience. You challenge all of us to LIVE WELL.
    Jeremiah 29:11 "God has plans for you" -EB
    love you more, Aunt L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that your message is resonating in the hearts of many, mine included.....
    Romans 8:28- And we know that all things work together for the good to them that love god, to them who are called acording to his purpose
    Love you- Brooke, Jamieson & Lincoln

    ReplyDelete