Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thank you, cancer....

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do."  

~Eleanor Roosevelt~




I decided, yesterday, that I wasn't going to be mad at cancer anymore.  I decided this because, I think cancer wants me to be mad and, being the rebillious spirit that I am, I'm going against the grain.  I was trying to sit a certain way yesterday and got frustrated when I couldn't (the 12 in. incision on my stomach can be quite annoying). That frustration quickly turned to anger and I started to think about all the things that this diagnosis has put me and my family through. Well, that's obviously no way to think so, I quickly turned my negative thoughts into positive ones. I soon realized that cancer has given me more than it could ever take away, and for that reason, I am thanking cancer...yep, you heard correctly.  Without cancer, I would not have this new love for life, I wouldn't have this fabulous relationship with God, and I definitely would not be this healthy!  I have talked to friends that I haven't spoken to in years, I spent a fabulous week with my aunt and cousins, I've read 3 books, I have a completely refurbished attitude....about EVERYTHING, I go to sleep and wake up with a smile on my face, I just had surgery and I feel stronger than ever, my father made salad dressing out of olive oil and vinegar instead of using the unhealthy stuff (WOW!!).....I owe all this, and much more, to cancer. 
This diagnosis has given me the opportunity to completely re-examine my life and it has been an interesting journey, to say the least :o)  Why is it that some type of catastrophic event has to take place before people realize they may need to make a few life changes?!?!? We all need to stop every once and a while and take a good look in the mirror, if you like what you see...great, good for you!! if not....make a change, it's a lot easier than you think. (Did I just blog the lyrics to Man in Mirror?!?!?!)
So, as most of you know, I recieved the path report and it looks like the tumors were completely removed (YAAAAAYYYY GOD!!!) and the rest of my liver looks good.  I meet with "Dr. Duke" tomorrow afternoon and hopefully will leave that appointment knowing the chemo plan.  One more little tiny hurdle to get over.....and I'm ready for it :o)
THANK YOU soooooooooooooooo very much for all the prayers, thoughts, cards, flowers, books, emails, text messages, positive energy, and jokes.  You guys have no idea how much all of it means, it leaves me speechless every single day.  I am truly blessed to have such amazing people in my corner.....lets get ready for round 2 :o)

TOMORROW NIGHT @ 8:00 (I THINK) YOU MUST TUNE IN TO THE STAND UP TO CANCER TELETHON.

I believe that it is being televised on all four major networks.  Tune in for a little while, make a donation if you can...follow the link to learn more :o)

http://www.standup2cancer.org/


IF YOU CARE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BODY & WHAT GOES IN IT, YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!


~A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.~
Proverbs 17:22

~Trust Him~

GO TO THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

  1. So glad the blog is back! Another thing you need to add to this "thankful for cancer" list is this blog right here! Glad to hear everything is going great!!!

    SKINNY BITCH ~ READ IT PEOPLE!!!!

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebony, I'm so glad to hear u are doing well!! I have to agree that "skinny bitch" is one of the best books I've ever read!! It's very enlightening and I also agree that EVERYONE should read it!!!!

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super strong person you are. Will and I are keeping you and the family in prayer. Stay strong!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete