Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3rd time is a charm??? (hee hee!!)

"If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell."
 - Lance Armstrong


hospital shenanigans :o)
So yea, the cancer is back....and to be honest, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it!!! I mean, am I worried???? Absolutely not. I didn't worry the first 2 times, so there's no sense in worrying now. Am I mad??? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!! and I'm pretty sure it'll be a minute before I can tuck the anger away! CAN I AT LEAST HAVE A YEAR?!?!?!? ONE FULL CALENDAR YEAR WITHOUT CANCER?!?!?!? and why does it have to be this time of year?!?!? I was so looking forward to chemo free holidays....to not having to figure out the best weeks to take off to maximize my "feeling good days".  Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to get you guys to feel sorry for me (if I was, is it working?!?!?), but this SUCKS and I had to get it out!!!! OK....I'm pretty sure I'm done venting (for now), so...moving on to the more upbeat part of the show :o)
I love my surgical team :o)
We left Dr. Duke with a plan....2 or 3 month chemo vacay, and then rescan to see where we are.  Next step, call my other fave, Dr. S (5th surgery on me!!) and schedule surgery to get the dang port put back in. You know me, I generally get my way......so I had my port re-inserted the next day :o) Sooooooooo, I'm all ready to go! Port's in place, first infusion (sounds so official, doesn't it?!?!?) is scheduled for Nov 29 :o))))))) This time should be a lil different though. Dr. Duke is changing up the cocktail mix, so we don't really know how I'm gonna respond to the side effects. One of the drugs is pretty different so my hair is prob gonna go....which is the least of my worries! (Shyra, you got my back!) Good news is.....I GET TO FREAKIN WORK!!!!!!!!!! Since I'm working here, I'll be able to go in when I feel like it!!! You guys have NO IDEA how happy that makes me!! Those kids are my life (most days lol!!), and I'm sure that'll def brighten up those not so great days! Speaking of school....I have no words for how absolutely WONDERFUL the staff at Sycamore Elementary has been! It's honestly been overwhelming! They are all so supportive and understanding and caring and awesome and I freakin love them!!!! Dude...I was telling my EBD friends (not the kids, the teachers!) that I was starting my pre-chemo cleanse, and that it involves no sugar. Ok, they know how much I love sugar bc they see me go though 68 tootsie rolls everyday.....so, this morning, there was a bowl of fruit on my desk!! Not just any fruit....antioxidant cancer fighting fruit!!!! Made my day :o))))
There are seriously no words for how grateful I am.....you all are so amazing and I have absolutely no idea how I would've made it this far without you.  So, THANK YOU...from the very bottom of my heart <3
Enough of the sappy stuff....ITS TIME TO SUIT UP! Chemo starts in 2 weeks....we made it through the first 2 times, the 3rd will be a breeze. I need yall with me though...all the thoughts, all the positive energy, all the prayers, all the jokes, and most importantly....all the socks (I will be continuing the sock tradition!) It means the world to me, so keep it coming :o) I have lots more to get off my chest, but I have to educate the youth in the morning, so....PEACE OUT!!!!


LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE :o)


~Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see~
Hebrews 11:1

11 comments:

  1. Your courage rocks my world. Love your determination and fight. Rooting for you, babe. - Chimére

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love how the port bandages look like overlapping hearts! Kinda represents all the love surrounding you!

    Love ya lots,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your truly an amazing, beautiful and inspirational person Ebs! You continue to defeat all odds and that just shows all the will power, strength, determination/drive that is truly inside of you. You got that spirit of God that will not let you stop, lie down or give up but to only FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! (sounds like the USC - Southern California fight song - hahaha!). I know you will karate chop this cancer right in the throat...hahah! Keep those spirits high...know we all are behind you, w/you and always praying for you as well as uplifting you w/our own hopeful spirits to beat this once again. So LET'S DO THIIIISSSS! Love you very much and kick butt :)

    Loree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stop you from having problems, but I can promise as long as you have me, you wont have to face them alone

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me in tears.. I was diagnosed with cancer a few mths back not as serious as yours and its gone for now I hope, bt you make me sooo strong when i read your blogs :) and I'm always praying for you. You will fight this and WIN. Continue your hard work and your great spirits. And Thank You for making me a lil bit stronger. :)

    Kristy Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayin hard for you! We even have little Jack saying a prayer every night for you!

    Love,
    The Mertigs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are my sunshine, my strength and the joy of my life. You continue to touch lives, raise spirits, give others hope and beat the odds.
    You Are Amazing! Just another little bump in the road. God has so much for you to do! I love you baby girl!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world seems different after reading this. To know there are people like you with more strength and positivity then the majority of the people in the world who are not dealing with this is breath taking.. You are on my mind and I thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a soldier! I am pulling and mostly praying for you! Like I said before, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My strength comes from you guys....THANK YOU xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay you can do this....hair well it does keep your head warm....I lost all of mine...strong cocktails for sure...but the hair grows back...and hair does not define you....you will figure out the routine and be able to go in to work...work was my salvation....so much support from WFES...you know the crew :-) I took off Thursday to take all the drugs and Friday too. I would feel really yucky on Monday but went in anyway and just did it...Tuesday feeling better....you need to get the drug EMEND for any nausea...it works!!!!! Okay, listen to me about that...ask Dr. Duke. Prayers work and I am sending up via me and my family whom I have shared you with. Ebony...you are going to be okay...belive that!!! xoxoxx Dee O'Connor

    ReplyDelete