Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I can still drink wine right???? cuz I'm gonna!!

Generally around this time of year I would be knee deep in educational books and literature, reading up on the latest behavioral research, seeing what's new in the world of education and getting super excited to get back in the classroom.  The literature I am currently surrounded by is a little different.  Instead of Classroom Management: 50 Essential Things To Do, I am reading Cancer: 50 Essential Things To Do.  Instead of staying up all night eating ice cream and taking notes from interventioncentral.org, I'm staying up all night not eating anything because it's after 7:30 taking notes from crazysexycancertips.com (which also happens to be my favorite cancer book so far!!! did I really just say favorite cancer book?!?!?).  You would think that since I've done this before, I should be able to quickly switch my remission uniform for my recurrence uniform without any major hiccups right???? WRONG?!?!?!? Hearing the jerk was back was like hearing it for the first time.......like I said in my first blog, it hasn't even set in that I had it in the first place. 
I am suppose to go back to school in 2 weeks and I am sooooo far from ready it's actually kinda funny (I'm the super duper prepared type when it comes to school which makes this so comical).  I have no idea how I'm going to manage my caseload being split between two classrooms, but I have a couple of sure fire ways to manage the nausea that may come with treatment!  I've learned so much about cancer the past year (not bragging....trust me) that I am expecting a certificate, or a diploma, or a medal...or something, in the mail any day now.
My latest OCD google project is alllll about nutrition and wellness (learning about cancer itself was waaay too depressing!!!).  The good thing about all this is, I have been forced to start that diet and workout regimen I have been meaning to start for the past 10 years, the bad thing is the 5 mile long list of things I CANT do and CANT eat.....I despise being told what to do so this may be a problem.....The very first question on my mind was, "I can still drink wine right????" (shocker!!!).  I assumed that too much beer and jager (sooooo sad about the jager) would be a no-no.....but wine? that HAS to be ok!!  I mean it's made from grapes which are antioxidant rich foods (I even take a grape seed extract supplement), they come from the earth, and THEY'RE FRUITS PEOPLE!!! With all that said, I'm pretty sure I should be on a strict red wine diet :o)
Cancer is filled with so many do's and dont's that I actually get dizzy trying to make sense of it all.  There's a bit of anxiety filled with EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DECISION YOU MAKE!! What's the best time to wake up? What's the best time to eat to be sure your body will properly digest and store the nutrients in the food you've eaten before you go to sleep?  Does broccoli have more cancer fighting goodness than onions? If I eat eggs, do I have to just eat the white part? What do you mean sugar is "tumor feeder"???? I CANT EAT ANYMORE SUGAR?!?!?!? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!! And don't even get me started on the vitamins and supplements.....what to take? what not to take? who to believe?!?!? who not to believe?!?!?  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
ya know what??? I'm gonna go have a glass of wine....red of course :o)

~Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.~
Psalms 55:22

~TRUST HIM~

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Where's the Sangria?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just recently been brought up to date on everything and you are at the top of our prayer list. Very glad to see that you are in very high spirits - but I expected nothing less from you. With Love, Chavarous, Melissa (Brown) and Ryan Kennebrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite verse...

    ReplyDelete