Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let go...and let God :o)

 4 days until surgrey and I cant wait. I am so ready to jump over this first hurdle, I can barely sit still.  I think I have mentioned before that I was a little freaked out by this surgery, but the truth is, I'm a little freaked out by anything that happens in a hospital!  I mean let's face it, the hospital is not a fun place. The fear of hospitals is actually on the phobia list..it's called Nosocomephobia....for realz, I couldn't make that up!  You would think that by now, I'd be use to hospitals and doctors offices....not the case, I have a mini panic attack at the thought of going to the hospital (which may be due to a small case of PTSD from my experience last year!)....you know what I just realized?!?!?!? Having this stupid disease can be pretty traumatizing!!!! I really don't want it anymore, so instead of wasting my energy worrying about things waaaay out of my control, I'll use that energy on the things I can control....like taking care of myself so I can hurry up and beat this.  I think we all have to learn to let go of things and let God handle it...these battles aren't for us to fight.  The sooner you have that epiphany, the easier it becomes to live your life....cancer and all :o)
So, I'm still loving this new little lifestyle of mine, and it's great and everything, but let's be honest....I would kill for 2 or 3 vanilla oreo cakesters with a huge glass of milk right about now!!!! There has GOT TO BE the healthy person equivalent to an oreo cakester...that's my new mission, to find this equivalent (if you know what it is, or how to make it, contact me ASAP).  I think eventually, I'll completely lose the taste for that kind of stuff...I just wish I would've known I was gonna turn into a health nut so I could've had one last oreo.....*sigh*
Enough about oreo cakesters, I wanna end this one on a positive note (don't I end them all on a positive note?!?!?) I'm going to see Brooke tomorrow (for those of you who don't know Brooke, she's my bestest friend in the whole wide world) and she said something to me earlier that has stuck with me all day.  We were talking about how surgery was scheduled for Monday and she says, "I'm giving you my rosary before then...hey, we all believe in the same God." WOW, right?!?!?! Her son (the cutest child in the world) had some surgeries when he was a baby and she kept it with him while he was in the hospital, and now she wants me to hang on to it.  She clearly is Catholic, and she knows I'm not....but she also knows that God is God, and prayer is prayer.
She can't possibly know how much that meant to me...seriously, it made my heart smile (love u Brooklyn!) :o)
OK, my brilliant Mother thinks that I should include little "healthy living tips" in my blogs every once in a while so here's one I just read the other day:
    *By adding lemon to your water (not too cold), you have a powerful liver cleanser, it also helps balance a person's pH (super important).
Book I am currently reading....BUY IT!!!
Pretty cool right? You probably do that anyway and had no idea you were cleaning your liver :o)
Stay Healthy!

~Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go~
Joshua 1:9

~TRUST HIM~

A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE STAFF AT WHITE OAK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME AND SUCH A BLESSING TO MY FAMILY....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Having you in my life makes my heart smile!!! I got, I got, I got your back! And your liver!
    Love you! Brooklyn
    Deus nobiscum, quis contra?-God is with us, who can be against us? (Latin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I love this blog! I love you! and I think I love Brooke now too!!!!! LOL

    First, I have to tell you that I went thru a website once with a list of phobias and I don’t think there is anything that was not covered…”fear of thinking”…I mean really?!?! LOL.

    When I talked to you yesterday you said “let go and let god, it’s not your job to make sense of it”.
    True story…Last night I woke up about 4am and feeling a little stressed/worried, just thinking about things I have no control over *I promise I’m not making this up* I thought of you and what you said and repeated to myself “let go and let god” took a few deep breaths… of course I said a little prayer like I always do and I carried myself to sleep.

    So again, THANK YOU. There is a reason for the season and you my dear are a vessel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, FYI, I totally forgot about this earlier...there is a fear of bananas.....seriously, I heard it on CNN yesterday. If you are scared of a banana, then I'm going to need you to get it together. Immediately. I would laugh that person out of my office.-Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny I had a similar epiphany yesterday: "Get over it, above it, and beyond it." If you profess to have faith you can't stay worrying about stuff - you gotta walk in that thang.

    Ebs you're a soldier...and my She-ro. You knew that though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebony you are one remarkable child! If you only knew how many lives you've changed through your blogging! I love you kiddo! I'll see you in 2 dayyyyyyyyyyys! Your Aunt Jean better nown as aunje!! smooches!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I forgot the k in known but what the heck it's silent anyway...I can't figure out what to select to follow you so I select anonymous and it goes so I'll keep doing that!!! another heartwarming blog!!!!!
    Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a blessing to so many! I agree with your Aunt Linda; God chose you because He knew that He could count on you. Like Jen said, "you're a vessel!" Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too funny!I love your sense of humor. Staff at Beaver Ridge will be praying on Monday at 10:00. Angels are around.... Can you feel the wind of the wings? Magaly

    ReplyDelete